About Igor Dovgaliouk
Igor is a Counsel in our firm’s Amsterdam office and specialises in financial services regulatory law.
He is a member of the firm’s global financial institutions group and routinely advises a broad range of clients on many different financial services and regulatory issues (including in relation to MiFID/MiFIR, CRD/CRR, AIFMD, PSD, AMLD and SFDR), as well as on the regulatory aspects of complex transactions such as high profile M&A, IPOs and reorganisations.
He also has ample experience in dealing with the Dutch financial regulators (Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets / Dutch Central Bank) on various supervision related matters, including applications for authorisations, dispensations and fitness and propriety vetting procedures.
Igor's experience further includes advising issuers and underwriters on equity capital markets transactions and related financial markets regulation issues (including in relation to transparency, market abuse and prospectus requirements).
In the course of his career at Freshfields, Igor has worked for six months in the financial institutions group in our London office.
Igor is a native Dutch and Russian speaker and also speaks English, French, German and Spanish.
- Advising UBS on its acquisition of Credit Suisse.
- Advising The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. on its acquisition of NN Investment Partners from NN Group for approximately €1.6 billion.
- Advising a leading crypto services provider on its entry into the Dutch market and relevant authorisation process with the Dutch Central Bank.
- Advising Warburg Pincus and Apax on the acquisition of T-Mobile Netherlands, the Dutch fixed and mobile communication services business, for an enterprise value of €5.1 billion from Deutsche Telekom and Tele2 of Sweden.
- Advising the London Stock Exchange Group plc on its transaction with a consortium including certain investment funds affiliated with Blackstone as well as Thomson Reuters to acquire the Refinitiv business in an all share transaction for a total enterprise value of approximately US$27 billion.
- Advising the London Stock Exchange Group plc on the establishment of its Turquoise platform in the Netherlands (Turquoise Global Holdings Europe B.V.).
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition by CVC Fund VII of TMF Group from funds managed by DH Private Equity Partners.
- University of Leiden, The Netherlands (Dutch law - LLM in Dutch corporate law; Minor in Business Administration)
- University of Sankt Gallen, Switzerland (European Summer School in Management)