About Emily Abbott
Emily is an associate in our Antitrust, Competition, and Trade practice, based in Washington, DC.
Emily helps clients navigate the antitrust aspects of multinational mergers and acquisitions, civil litigation, government investigations, and corporate compliance.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Emily worked as a legal intern at the Court of Federal Claims and in the research office of an international university and a design firm. During law school, she was Notes Editor for the Virginia Journal of International Law and a member of the Innocence Project pro bono clinic.
Emily's experience includes advising:
- eBay on its acquisition of Certilogo
- Verlinvest SA in connection with a comprehensive financing by Oatly Group AB
- Sonoco Products Company on its acquisition of the remaining equity interest in its joint venture with the WestRock Company, RTS Packaging, and one paper mill in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Blackstone portfolio company, Schenck Process Group, on the sale of its food and performance materials business to Hillenbrand, Inc.
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
- B.A. in History and Political Science, University of Western Ontario (Huron University College)
Admitted to practice in the District of Columbia
- Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust Section