About Samira Afrasiabi
Samira is a corporate partner in our global transactions group, working from our London office.
She has advised a broad mix of multinational corporates on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and other corporate transactions with a focus on the energy sector.
- Tullow Oil plc on the sale of its entire stake in the Lake Albert Development Project in Uganda to Total for US$575 million in cash plus post first oil contingent payments.
- Hess Corporation on the sale of its Ghana interests to Aker Energy.
- HNA on its acquisition of a 51% interest in Glencore’s worldwide oil products storage business.
- BP on the sale of its interest in the Yacheng 13-1 gas field in the South China Sea.
- Genel Energy on the acquisition of an interest in the Kurdistan region of Iraq from Longford Energy.
- The joint administrators of certain Arcadia group companies on the sale of Arcadia’s key clothing brands in three separate transactions.
- General Atlantic on the partial sell down of its stake in the Argus Media Group to Hg.
- Novartis on the separation and subsequent spin-off of the Alcon business.
- CK Hutchison on the creation of a 50:50 joint venture with Veon to combine their telecoms businesses in Italy.
- Novartis on the $16bn acquisition of GSK’s worldwide oncology business, which was part of three inter-conditional transactions entered into with GSK.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation on the sale of its Ghana assets to Kosmos Energy and the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation for an aggregate headline price of US$750 million.
University of Melbourne, Australia (bachelor of laws and bachelor of engineering (mechanical))