About Samira Afrasiabi
Samira is a corporate partner in our global transactions group.
She advises on a broad mixture of multinational corporates on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and other corporate transactions.
- Haleon plc on its demerger from GSK plc and its listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation on the sale of its Ghana assets to Kosmos Energy and the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation for an aggregate headline price of US$750 million.
- Tullow Oil plc on the sale of its entire stake in the Lake Albert Development Project in Uganda to TotalEnergies for US$575 million in cash plus post first oil contingent payments.
- Hess Corporation on the sale of its Ghana interests to Aker Energy and other M&A transactions.
- The joint administrators of Arcadia on the sale of its Topshop, Topman and other clothing brands to ASOS, Boohoo and City Chic.
- UKGI in relation to HMT’s trading plan and sale of shares in NatWest Group.
- General Atlantic on the partial sell down of its stake in the Argus Media Group to Hg.
- Novartis on the separation and subsequent spin-off of the Alcon business.
- CK Hutchison on the creation of a 50:50 joint venture with Veon to combine their telecoms businesses in Italy.
- Novartis on the $16bn acquisition of GSK’s worldwide oncology business, which was part of three inter-conditional transactions entered into with GSK.
University of Melbourne, Australia (bachelor of laws and bachelor of engineering (mechanical))