About Ahmad AlDajani
Ahmad is an associate in our antitrust, competition, and trade practice, based in Washington D.C.
Ahmad represents clients on a broad range of cross-border competition and trade matters, including foreign investment, antitrust investigations and litigation, merger control, and corporate compliance programs. His practice is focused on advising clients in the aviation, technology, and energy industries.
Ahmad began his legal career in 2018 and joined Freshfields after serving several years in the US federal judiciary as a judicial law clerk for trial and appellate judges in key jurisdictions. During law school, Ahmad also served as a law clerk on the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary under then-Ranking Member Senator Dianne Feinstein, as a judicial intern under a Justice of the Illinois Supreme Court, and a judicial intern under a Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. He was a member of Georgetown Law's Appellate Litigation Clinic and served as a teaching assistant to Professor Paul Ohm, where he led the lab portion of Ohm's pioneering course titled "Computer Programming for Lawyers."
Ahmad is a native Arabic speaker and brings his legal skills, learnings and background to bear for our clients.
Ahmad's experience includes advising:
- A foreign state bank on the CFIUS review of its investment in a European energy company active in the United States.
- Japan Tobacco (JT) on its joint venture with Altria Group to market and commercialize heated tobacco stick (“HTS”) products in the United States.
- Saint-Gobain on its $2.3bn acquisition of GCP Applied Technologies.
- United Airlines as a third-party respondent to a FRCP 45 subpoena in the DOJ Antitrust Division's challenge of the Northeast Alliance between American Airlines and JetBlue Airways.
- Maersk on the proposed $1bn sale of its refrigerated container business to China International Marine Containers.
- Stanley Black & Decker on the $3.2bn sale of its global electronic security solutions healthcare solutions businesses to Securitas AB.
- Beiersdorf on its acquisition of Chantecaille skin care brand.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, Cum Laude (Washington, D.C.)
- MSc. in Global Security: Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding, University of Durham, Merit (Durham, United Kingdom)
- BA in Politics and Government, North Park University, Cum Laude (Chicago, IL)
- Hon. Jane R. Roth, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Hon. Charles P. Kocoras, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Hon. David G. Campbell, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona.
- Rules Law Clerk for the Judicial Conference of the United States' Committee on Rules of Practice and Procedure.