About Muyasser Albar
Muyasser is an associate in the Corporate Team in Saudi Arabia. Muyasser is experienced in advising public and private sector clients on international and local mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures, labour law, capital markets, project finance and on corporate advisory work.
- *Saudi Investment Recycling Company (a subsidiary of PIF) on the acquisition of Global Environmental Waste Management Services;
- * PIF on the acquisition of a 50% stake in Americana (IFLR Middle East Awards 2017, M&A Deal of the Year);
- * PIF on its US$1.36 billion deal with South Korean POSCO (which included establishing an EPC joint-venture in Saudi Arabia and an acquisition in South Korea);
- * Saudi-American real estate joint-venture on its establishment in Saudi Arabia;
- * Sumitomo on (i) two joint-ventures in Saudi Arabia, (ii) advising in relation to employment matters (Nitaqat); and (iii) the restructuring of one of its Saudi entities;
- * BNP Paribas on the amendment of its SAGIA licence and articles of association in Saudi Arabia;
- * Airbus in relation to the establishment of its Saudi entity;
- * Advanced Petrochemical on a joint venture with SK Gas to construct and operate a US$1.8bn propane dehydrogenation and polypropylene plants in Jubail
- * Saudi Arabian Fertilizer Company (SAFCO) on the acquisition of Saudi Basic Industries Corporation’s agricultural nutrients and related product companies;
- Finablr on the acquisition of Bayan Payments Limited, a Fintech company in Saudi Arabia;
- * EFG-Hermes on a leading retail local company restructuring;
- * French IT company on its employee shareholding programme in Saudi Arabia;
- * General Electric on its international acquisition of Alstom for US$14bn;
- * BRF on the acquisition of Al-Wafi Al-Takamul for Food Products and Joody Al Sharqiya Food Production Factory, food processing companies in Saudi Arabia;
- * Savola Group on the sale of the entire issued capital of Savola Packaging Company to Takween Advanced Industries for SAR 910m;
- * CISCO on its joint-venture with a Saudi company;
- * Consortium of foreign banks versus Ahmad Hamad Algosaibi & Brothers (AHAB) and Maan Al-Sanea: advising on a multi-billion-dollar international dispute;
- * PIF: advising on 8 template agreements;
- * BlackRock Group: advising on the establishment of its Saudi entity; and
- * Abu Dhabi insurance company: advising on the AED 350m acquisition of an insurance company based in Dubai by another insurance company based in Abu Dhabi.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.