About Joe Amann
Joe leads our English law practice in Spain, and specialises in international capital markets and cross-border M&A.
He regularly advises issuers and underwriters on a variety of debt and equity capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, euro medium term note and euro commercial paper programmes, and bond issuances.
Between September 2008 and January 2009, Joe was based in Nomura's investment and merchant banking legal department advising on the acquisition and integration of Lehman Brothers' European, Middle East and Asian businesses. He was also seconded to the legal department of the fixed income, currencies and commodities division at Goldman Sachs in London, where he advised on structured note transactions.
Joe speaks English, German and Spanish.
- Advising on a variety of IPOs and capital raisings in the Spanish market, including Parques Reunidos (€600m), Euskaltel (€1.3bn) and Amadeus IT Holding (€1.3bn).
- Advising on a variety of high-profile debt and hybrid bond issuances for major Spanish listed companies, including Gas Natural, Repsol, Iberdrola and MERLIN Properties.
- Advising Aena and AXA Private Equity (now Ardian) on the acquisition of London Luton airport.
- Advising Abertis Infraestructuras on its €1.3bn agreement with OHL for the integration of toll-road assets in Brazil.
- University College London, UK (law)
- BPP Law School London, UK (postgraduate diploma in legal practice)
- Solicitor, England and Wales