About Zofia Aszendorf
Zofia is a senior associate in our IP and technology group, and works on non-contentious IP, IT, data protection and commercial matters, with a particular focus on tech M&A.
Zofia advises clients on cross-border IP and technology transactions, including the acquisition, disposal, licensing and separation of IP and IT assets. She also works on a wide variety of commercial agreements, including relating to the exploitation of intellectual property rights and data as an asset, and complex business separation projects.
Zofia was recognised as a 2022 IP Rising Star in Managing IP’s IP Stars Ranking.
Zofia trained at Freshfields, completing seats in the intellectual property, corporate, finance and ACT teams, and qualified in August 2014. As part of her training contract, she also spent time on secondment to the firm’s Singapore office.
- Advising a leading West Coast hardware and software business on a series of strategic private acquisitions of digital content and AI-related software businesses across Europe from founders and funders.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group plc on a number of matters, including:
- the acquisition of Refinitiv in an all-share transaction for a total enterprise value of $27 billion, including in connection with integration matters arising from the acquisition;
- the €4.325 billion disposal of the Borsa Italiana Group; and
- acquisition of The Yield Book and Citi Fixed Income Indices from Citi, including on a series of ongoing commercial arrangements
- Advising Cazoo, a high growth unicorn platform business, on a series of strategic acquisitions.
- Advising various private equity clients on investments in tech and other IP-rich businesses.
- Advising Jimmy Choo on the IP/IT aspects of the public auction leading to the sale to Michael Kors.
- Advising Tesco on the IP/IT aspects of the £4bn sale of its South Korean business.
- Advising a pro bono client in connection with data privacy and other intellectual property issues surrounding a major pro bono project to set up a national femicide database.
- University of Oxford, Diploma in intellectual property law and practice (with Distinction), 2016-2017
- BPP, Legal Practice Course (with Distinction), 2012
- University College London (UCL), LLB (Hons) Law, 2008-2011
- Solicitor, England and Wales