About Holly Baker
Holly is counsel in our corporate and M&A team in London. She has broad experience across cross-border deals and significant in-house experience.
Holly advises a range of corporate clients on a broad spectrum of transactions – including public and private M&A and equity capital markets work – as well as on general corporate law and corporate governance issues.
Holly previously spent 3 years as senior counsel at Pearson, where she was an integral member of the legal team supporting the CFO and Corporate Development teams. Her responsibilities including supporting strategic M&A and equity investment activities around the world, as well as advising on listed company obligations and general corporate issues.
Holly originally trained at Freshfields and has been seconded to Freshfields’ Hong Kong office and to Mouchel.
Holly’s recent experience includes advising:
- Croda International Plc on the sale of a majority of its Performance Technologies and Industrial Chemicals businesses to Cargill.
- John Laing Group on the recommended cash offer by Aqueduct Bidco Limited, a newly formed company owned by funds advised by KKR.
- Ferguson plc on the sale of its UK business (Wolseley) to Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- Croda International Plc on the acquisition of Iberchem, and on its related equity placing.
- SSE plc on the sale of its 50 per cent. share in its energy-from-waste Multifuel Energy joint venture with Wheelabrator Technologies to First Sentier Investors.
- WorldRemit on its acquisition of Sendwave.
University of Manchester, LLB (First Class Honours)
Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course (Distinction)