About Nicolas Barberis
Avocat à la Cour, Nicolas is a partner in our Paris global transactions practice group and heads our French global financial investors practice.
He advises investment funds, financial institutions and corporate clients on Private Equity transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicolas was a partner in Ashurst's corporate practice and the global co-head of the firm's private equity practice.
Nicolas is fluent in English and French.
- Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on their minority investment in the Vermeg group;
- Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on the disposal of its stake in the Funecap group to Latour Capital;
- Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on the acquisition of SIACI Saint-Honoré;
- Advised JC Flowers & Co and CHG Participations on the sale of CEP Group to Bridgepoint;
- Advised Blackstone on its equity partnership with Sipartech, a leading French dark fiber provider;
- Advised Novartis on its acquisition of CellforCure, the French leading producer of cell and gene therapies;
- Advised Carlyle on the acquisition of ADB Safegate from PAI Partners;
- Advised Cooper-Vemedia on its acquisition of a portfolio of 12 pharmaceutical brands from Sanofi;
- Advised The Carlyle Group on the acquisition of ADB Group;
- Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on its acquisition of SERB;
- Advised Cooper on its €370m acquisition of Vemedia from IK Investment Partners and Charterhouse Capital Partners on its 850M€ acquisition of Cooper;
- Advised Charterhouse Capital Partners on its €400m+ acquisition of Sagemcom from Carlyle;
- Advised Financière CEP (Controlled by JC Flowers) on its acquisition of Empruntis;
- Advised Charterhouse Capital Partner on the sale of Webhelp to KKR.
- 2001 - University of Lyon III, DJCE - Magistère (postgraduate degree) in business law
- 2001 - University of Lyon III - DESS (postgraduate degree) in business and tax law
- 2000 - University of Lyon III - Maîtrise in business and tax law
- 2001 - Admitted to the Paris Bar