About Jeremy Barr
Jeremy focuses on capital markets matters.
His work includes the representation of issuers and underwriters in public and private debt, equity and hybrid securities offerings, and related capital markets transactions. He regularly advises on the US securities law aspects of public M&A transactions.
He also advises on corporate governance matters, periodic reporting, listing requirements and other general corporate matters.
Jeremy is actively involved in pro bono matters. He represents veterans with disability claims before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. In 2019 he received the Jeremy G. Epstein Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service from the City Bar Justice Center of the New York City Bar Association.
Recent Capital Markets engagements include:
- The secondary listings on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and SEC registered offerings of Alibaba Group Holding Limited, ZTO Express (Cayman) Inc., Baozun Inc. and Huazhu Group Ltd.
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Jefferies LLC in connection with the follow-on offering of American Depositary Shares by 21Vianet Group, Inc.
- The underwriters, led by Citigroup Global Markets Inc., in connection with the initial public offering and NASDAQ listing of Canaan Inc., the worldwide leader in producing Blockchain servers and designing application-specific integrated circuit microprocessor solutions
- La Française des Jeux, the fourth-largest lottery company in the world, in connection with its initial public offering
- J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited on the initial public offering and NASDAQ listing of 111, Inc., a leading integrated online and offline healthcare platform in China
- The underwriters in convertible notes offerings by Ares Capital Corp. Granite Point Mortgage Trust, Hannon Armstrong Sustainable Infrastructure Capital, BlackRock Capital Investment Corporation, Capitala Investment Corp. and TPG Specialty Lending, Inc.
- The underwriters on the initial public offerings of the following SPACs; Nebula Acquisition Corp., Legacy Acquisition Corp., Matlin & Partners Acquisition Corporation, Gores Holdings II, Inc., Saban Capital Acquisition Corp. and Silver Run Acquisition Corporation
- The underwriters in debt offerings by Ares Capital, Republic Services and Kroger
Recent M&A engagements include:
- KLX Energy Services in connection with its all stock merger with Quintana Energy Services
- International General Insurance Holdings Ltd., in connection with its business combination with Tiberius Acquisition Corp. and NASDAQ listing
- Henderson Group in connection with its $6bn all-stock merger of equals with Janus Capital and New York Stock Exchange listing
- Wincor Nixdorf in its $1.8bn business combination with Diebold
- Interoute Communications on the financing aspects of its sale to GTT Communications, a US-based cloud networking company
- JD, Stanford University Law School.
- AB, University of Chicago.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.