About Robert Barton
Robert is an associate based in New York.
Robert is experienced advising companies in complex commercial litigation, data privacy and security, investigations, and structured finance. Robert is also an active member of our pro bono team.
- ServiceNow on its acquisition of Era Software, Inc.
- Advising a global hospitality group in its multijurisdictional response to two cybersecurity incidents.
- Representing a leading US technology company in connection with transatlantic litigation arising from intellectual property disputes.
- Advising a global energy company on multijurisdictional compliance aspects of its communications monitoring practices.
- Advising UBS on several financing transactions, using structured repo and total return swap technology.
- Advising Beiersdorf on US data privacy and security aspects of its acquisition of premier beauty and skin care brand, Chantecaille.
- JD, New York University School of Law
- PhD, Princeton University
- MA, Princeton University
- BA, cum laude, Yale University
- State of New York
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- German (reading knowledge)