About Ed Beard
Ed advises corporates and private equity houses on commercial and IP aspects of cross-jurisdictional M&A, joint ventures, disposals and business separations involving technology and IT assets.
Ed has drafted and negotiated a range of commercial contracts including transitional services agreements, IT/software agreements and IP licences. He also focuses on general IP and data protection/data privacy matters such as trade mark portfolio management, corporate rebranding and IP structuring.
Ed trained at Freshfields and spent six months seconded to our New York corporate IP practice before qualifying in March 2019. He contributes to business development on artificial intelligence, cryptocurrencies and the internet of things.
- Smiths Medical, GKN Aerospace, Rolls Royce and McLaren F1 in the emergency manufacture of Covid-19 ventilators for the UK Government
- Cobham on the sale of the Axell Wireless group to RCapital
- CVC on its acquisition of a stake in WebPros from Oakley Capital and other investors
- Deutsche Bank on the sale of its global prime finance and electronic equities businesses to BNP Paribas
- Liberty Global on the €19bn sale of its cable assets in Germany and Eastern Europe to Vodafone
- Global on its acquisitions of outdoor advertising businesses Primesight and Exterion Media
- KLX Energy Services on the $148m acquisition of Motley Services LLC
- InterContinental Hotels Group on the $300m acquisition of Six Senses Hotels
- Uni-Select on its £205m acquisition of The Parts Alliance automotive afterparts distributor
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- BPP Law School, Accelerated LPC
- BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma of Law
- BPP Law School, LLB
- University of Oxford, B.A.