About Guy Benda
06Avocat à la cour, Guy is a partner in our global transactions group and heads the Corporate practice of Freshfields in Paris.
He advises private equity funds, major financial institutions and corporate clients on complex private equity transactions as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Guy was a partner in Ashurst's corporate practice and a former managing partner of the firm’s Paris office.
Guy is fluent in English and French.
- Advising PAI Partners on its public offer for all shares in Koninklijke Wessanen N.V.
- Advising SAUR on the investment of EQT infrastructure.
- Advising Advent International on its acquisition of Zentiva, Sanofi's European generic business for €1.9bn.
- Advising Antin Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of Idex.
- Advising Charterhouse Capital Partners on its €400m+ acquisition of Sagemcom from Carlyle.
- Advising Charterhouse Capital Partners on its €850m acquisition of Cooper from Caravelle.
- Advising Bridgepoint Capital on the disposal of Le Ponant group to Artemis.
- Advising Intermediate Capital Group on the sale of Parkeon to Astorg Partners.
- Advising Segula group on the refinancement of its existing indebtedness.
- Advising the senior creditors on the restructuring of Delsey's financial indebtedness leading to the provision of an emergency new money, a change of ownership and refinancing successively.
- Advising Vivarte on its restructuring situation, including its €2.8bn debt to equity swap.
- Advising a pool of banks in relation to the Areva restructuring.
- Advising the members of the ad hoc group of noteholders on the acquisition of the IKKS group by a vehicle owned by the noteholders and the restructuring of the capital and debt structure of the IKKS group via an out-of-court restructuring and an accelerated financial safeguard.
- HEC Paris (1989) (Masters in management / Grande Ecole (major in law))
- University of Paris II-Assas (1991) (maîtrise in business law and judicial careers)
- Admitted to the Paris Bar (1994)