About Dr. Anne-Kathrin Bertke
Anne-Kathrin advises clients on all areas of individual and collective employment law, with a focus on restructurings, cross-border mergers and litigation. In particular, she advises on transaction structures where employees are key assets of the target business and is experienced in restructuring and separating such businesses prior to their transfer.
Anne-Kathrin speaks German and English.
- Advising Siemens Gamesa on the acquisition of the majority of the European onshore services business of the Senvion Group, including the prior restructuring of the target business, post-transaction integration aspects and the coordination of the transfer of several foreign target companies.
- Advising on several projects for multinationals with the aim to optimise their system of employee representation by transforming them into an SE or implementing a cross-border merger, including Otto Bock HealthCare and one of the world’s largest investment banks.
- Representing Big Four firm in Germany in proceedings in state courts and in front of labour law tribunals relating to claims arising from an M&A transaction.
- Advising vis-à-vis works councils in the context of various restructuring projects, in particular splits of business operations and outsourcing projects.
- Advising Novartis on the German employment law aspects of its £15bn portfolio transformation.
- Advising Hapag-Lloyd on the global employment law aspects of the planning and implementation of its business combination with Compañía Sudamericana de Vapores, a South American container shipping company.
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany (legal education and Dr iur)
- University of Texas at Austin, School of Law, USA
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Germany (Second State Exam)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Scholarships of the German National Academic Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)