About Jennifer Bethlehem
Jennifer is head of our consumer and healthcare practice globally.
Jennifer has worked extensively in all kinds of M&A in the healthcare sector and has been instrumental in building our global healthcare practice. She has particular expertise in complex cross-border deals.
Jennifer is a sponsor on the firm’s Global Sponsorship programme, a partner champion for the Associate led London Women’s Network and a mentor on the Stephen Lawrence Scholarship Programme.
Jennifer is a Trustee of the Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity.
Before becoming a lawyer, Jennifer worked as a nurse for over 10 years.
- Astra Zeneca on its $39bn cash and share offer for Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Novartis on the separation and subsequent spin-off of the Alcon business
- Novartis on the acquisition of the Xiidra business from Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Novartis on its portfolio transformation, including the asset swap with GSK (oncology, OTC and vaccines assets) and the sale of its animal health business to Eli Lilly
- Boehringer Ingelheim on its €20bn asset swap with Sanofi
- Merck on the sale of its consumer healthcare business to P&G
- AstraZeneca on its defense of Pfizer’s bid, the financing of its collaboration with Daiichi Sankyo, its collaboration with Merck and its acquisition of Acerta
- Cancer Research UK on the consortium arrangements behind the UK Centre for Medical Research and Innovation (UKCMRI)
- JB Chemicals on the disposal of its OTC business in Russia/CIS to Johnson & Johnson