About Michael Blau
Michael is a member of the Global Transactions team in the Freshfields London office, specialising in Leveraged Finance.
He advises private equity sponsors, financial institutions and borrowers on leveraged finance acquisitions and refinancings, as well as a wide range of other finance matters, including investment grade and real estate financings and restructurings.
- Advising JAB on the financing for its purchase of Pret a Manger from Bridgepoint;
- Advising Cinven on the financing for a number of European acquisitions, including Inseec U and One.com;
- Advising CVC on a number of leveraged financing transactions, including the term loan B acquisition financings of the Tipico Group, the QA Group and Etraveli and on a number of confidential bids in Europe;
- Advising Cinven on the refinancing of the Pronet Group, a leading provider of security electronic alarm systems in Turkey, as well as on a number of confidential bids in Europe;
- Advising Goldman Sachs on the refinancing of the Masmovil Group;
- Advising aPriori Capital Partners on the €1.1bn sale of Guala Closures;
- Advising the Shilling Group on the sale of The Caledonian Hotel to Twenty14 Holdings;
- Advising Permira Debt Managers on a number of private direct lending transactions, including the refinancing of TwinSet, the acquisition financings of Dunlop Aircraft Tyres and Clean Laundry and the financings of ALcontrol and David Brown Systems;
- Advising Credit Suisse on the senior secured financing of North Star’s acquisition of Griffin America REIT’s UK care home portfolio;
- Advising Cinven and Spire Healthcare on the IPO refinancing of the Spire Healthcare Group; and
- Advising M&G Investment Management on the c.£300m recapitalisation of a student housing business.
King’s College, London, Law (2.1)
BPP Law School (Legal Practice Course with Distinction)