About Sarah Bond
Sarah is based in the firm’s London office and her practice focuses on tax investigations and disputes, across both direct and indirect taxes.
She has extensive experience of high value, complex disputes across a variety of sectors, including in particular diverted profits tax and transfer pricing investigations. She has represented clients a number of times before the UK tax tribunals.
Sarah also has experience in advising on the tax aspects of a variety of corporate and financing transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, tax structured finance transactions and restructurings, both domestic and cross-border.
- Advising Tesco on a dispute with HMRC regarding the VAT treatment of Tesco’s Clubcard scheme, which the Upper Tribunal decided in favour of Tesco in January 2019 (and is not being appealed by HMRC).
- Advising various multinational clients on disputes relating to transfer pricing, valuation, diverted profits tax (DPT), controlled foreign company (CFC) and permanent establishment risk.
- Advising Eclipse Film Partners (No. 35) LLP on a film financing dispute involving more than £110m of tax, which was litigated before the First-tier Tax Tribunal, Upper Tribunal and Court of Appeal.
- Advising a consortium of banks on the financing of the Thames Tideway Tunnel, a £4.2bn project.
- Advising Qatar Holding LLC on its sale of Harrods Bank Limited to Tandem Money Limited, a digital challenger bank.
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2007
- Legal Practice Course - BPP Law School, 2005
- LLB, Jurisprudence - Balliol College, Oxford University, 2004