About Ingo Borgdorf
Ingo is an associate in Freshfields' International Arbitration Group specialising in commercial and investment arbitration. He advises and represents clients from various sectors in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings, both domestic and international.
Ingo speaks German, English, French and Spanish. He has gained substantial international experience living in Asia, Africa and North and South America.
- Representing a major Austrian construction company and its joint venture partner in an ICSID arbitration against the Federal Republic of Germany under the Energy Charter Treaty. The claims arise in connection with changes to Germany's regulatory framework applicable to the offshore wind energy sector.
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical company in a DIS (German Arbitration Institute) post-M&A arbitration relating to an earn out mechanism tied to the development of a machine learning technology used for personalized cancer treatments.
- Representing one of the world's leading chemical companies in an ad hoc post-M&A arbitration concerning indemnity obligations for environmental liabilities under a share purchase agreement.
- Advising a tech client on various aspects of its mass claim defence.
- Attorney-at-law (Rechtsanwalt), Germany
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Hamm, Germany, and (inter alia) at the Legal Service of the EU Commission in Brussels, Belgium
- McGill University, Canada (LL.M.)
- University of Münster (First Legal State Exam)