About Laéna Bouafy
Laéna is an associate in the antitrust, competition and trade team and in the data, AI, privacy and cybersecurity team.
Laéna advises clients on complex issues covering data protection, cybersecurity and digital law. In particular, she advsises on questions relating to the implementation of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in cross-country matters.
Laéna also works on cases relating to foreign investment law and competition law, including cartels, abuses of dominant position and consumer law issues.
She is fluent in French and English.
- Advising major (confidential) operators in relation to data breach (incl. cyber attacks) responses
- Advising (confidential) car makers in relation to the privacy and cybersecurity aspects of their connected vehicles
- Advising (confidential) clients in ensuring GDPR compliance internationally
- Advising major (confidential) clients on privacy and cybersecurity issues related to strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions
- University diploma for Data Protection Officers (DPO), Université Panthéon-Assas
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Competition Law, King's College London
- Master II degree in Competition law and Contract law, Université Paris-Saclay