About Alice Boughton
Alice is an English-qualified corporate associate in our Singapore office. She advises on a broad range of corporate transactions, from both public and private M&A and joint ventures to reorganisations and capital raisings across a variety of sectors and jurisdictions.
Alice trained and practised at another magic circle firm in London, where she worked for more than three years before joining our London office in 2020. Alice relocated to join the global transactions group of our Singapore office in 2021.
• Warburg Pincus, through its maiden Asia real estate, on a significant investment into Evolution Data Centres, a founder-led platform for pan-South-East Asian hyperscale datacentre development
• Warburg Pincus-backed NWP Property, Indonesia's largest and fastest-growing New Economy enabled consumer infrastructure platform, on the establishment of a new joint venture with CRE Asia (and advising funds managed by Warburg Pincus on their continuing investment in NWP Property)
• A joint venture controlled by The Rise Fund (TPG’s global impact investing platform) and the Hong Leong Group on the acquisition from IHH Healthcare (IHH) of its medical education arm IMU based in Malaysia, for approx. US$306 million
• Synergy Marine Pte Ltd, the fourth largest global ship manager and provider of end-to-end maritime solutions, and its founder shareholder Captain Rajesh Unni, on an investment for a significant minority stake by Searchlight Capital Partners
• A financial sponsor on an investment in VNG Corporation (Vietnam’s first tech unicorn), including in connection with VNG’s pre-UPCom restructuring and admission to trading
• Wego, a Series E stage travel metasearch engine, on its proposed acquisition of 100% of the Dubai-based Cleartrip MENA business from India e-commerce group Flipkart (majority owned by Walmart) who purchased the broader Cleartrip business in 2021 (including the sale of Flyin.com and a technology co-operation agreement between Wego and Flipkart)
• Advising Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on its US$350 million debt financing into Eruditus, a leading global edtech business headquartered in India
Qualified in England & Wales
Jesus College, University of Cambridge, BA, MA, First Class Honours
Jesus College, University of Cambridge, MPhil, Distinction