About Paul Bowden
Paul is a partner in the disputes practice and leads the firm’s global business and human rights team.
A leading defence litigator, Paul specialises in environment and product litigation. He advises clients on major group actions and judicial reviews, particularly in the energy and consumer products sectors. He is also well known for his work in nuclear law.
Paul established the firm’s environment and regulatory group and has developed a reputation as the lawyer clients turn to for advice on complex and high-profile matters.
Paul assisted with the research which led to the development of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (PDF, 1.08MB)
- Co-ordinating current multi-jurisdictional product litigation for major clients in the consumer products and healthcare sectors.
- Advising multinationals on practical implementation of the ‘Ruggie principles’ on human rights.
- Advising nuclear sector companies on Safety and Security issues.
Honorary Degree of Doctor of Law in recognition of his outstanding contribution to legal education and international environmental law.
- Programme leader of the Nuclear Energy Agency’s International School of Nuclear Law at the University of Montpellier
- Past Board member of the World Nuclear Association
- Former member of the English Joint Bar/Law Society Working Party on Civil Justice
- Former member of the Multi-Party Action Working Group in Lord Woolf’s Review of Civil Justice in England and Wales
- Past chair of the Nottingham Law School
- Chair, National Justice Museum