About Dr. Heiner Braun
Heiner sits in our global transactions practice.
Heiner specialises in corporate and finance law, with a particular focus on M&As, private equity, public takeovers, securities and general corporate law.
Previously in China and Hong Kong for five years, where he served as managing partner of the firm’s Shanghai office, Heiner has considerable experience working with both Asian and Western clients on outbound and inbound transactions.
Heiner is a fluent English, French and German speaker, and has conversational Mandarin Chinese.
- Advising Partners Group, Caisse dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the acquisition of Techem from Macquarie
- Advising LG Corporation and LG Electronics on the acquisition of ZKW
- Advising Temasek on the subscription of a stake in Bayer AG
- Advising Zhejiang Geely on the acquisition of a minority participation in Daimler AG
- Advising Zhejiang Geely on the acquisition of a stake in AB Volvo, the listed Swedish truck and bus maker, from Cevian Capital
- Advising PUMA on its separation from Kering
- Advising OEP on the sale of Constantia Flexibles to Wendel
- Advising ChemChina on the acquisition of the KraussMaffei Group from Onex
- Advising Fresenius Helios on the acquisition of the Quironsalud Group from CVC
- Advising KKR and WILD on the sale of the WILD Flavors businesses to Archer Daniels Midland
- Advising Amadeus on the public takeover of i:FAO AG and on the subsequent de-listing offer
- Advising KKR and Goldman Sachs on the acquisition of the KION Group and on the subsequent exit
- Advising Kering on the public takeover of PUMA
- Advising Permira on the public takeover of HUGO BOSS
- Universities of Hamburg, Lausanne, Bonn and Dresden (doctor of law)
- New York University School of Law, US (LLM)
- Qualified to practise in Hong Kong, New York and Germany