About Dr. Jan Brinkmann
Jan is a partner of our tax practice. He deals with complex domestic and international tax issues with a particular focus on financial institutions.
His practice comprises the tax structuring of corporate reorganisations, particularly in the banking sector, M&As, fund structuring, asset finance, transfer pricing for financial services and VAT.
Jan is often recommended for financial institutions tax advice and has built long-term relationships with many foreign banks in Germany.
Jan regularly publishes and lectures on tax law.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising ING Group/ING DiBa since 2004 on various tax aspects of its German and international operations.
- Advising SEB Group on the sale of its German asset management division to Savills.
- Advising Deutsche Pfandbriefbank on current tax issues and tax disputes.
- Advising Credit Suisse on various domestic and international tax aspects of its wealth management and investment banking division.
- Advising Goldman Sachs on various tax aspects of its German operations.
- College of Fiscal Affairs, Nordkirchen, Germany (diploma in tax law (Dipl-Finw))
University of Konstanz, Germany (law; doctorate in law (Dr jur))
- University of Oxford, UK (master’s degree in law (M Jur))
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Steuerberater (tax adviser), Germany