About Dr. Bertram Burtscher
Bertram leads the TMT sector group in Vienna.
He primarily provides legal advice in the area of media and telecoms law, outsourcing and data management, as well as on complex IT projects and respective corporate transactions.
A holder of a master’s degree in theoretical and computational chemistry, Bertram is used to digging deep into complex subjects for his clients, and not just the legal ones.
Bertram's truly international experience is underpinned by the fact that he has served as an expert advisor to the United Nations Special Commission in Iraq, was seconded to the Freshfields’ London and Hong Kong offices and has also been working extensively for clients in the Middle East and Asia.
He also advises on data-driven innovation and digital projects (including Big Data, m2m and GDPR readiness).
Bertram speaks German and English
- Advising Hutchison 3G Austria on the takeover of Orange Austria and the swap of its mobile network technology.
- Advising KCell on a JV and on the joint rollout of its 2G/3G/4G network together with Beeline in Kazakhstan
- Advising Saudi Telecom Company on the Sale of Axis Indonesia to Malaysian XL Axiata.
- Advising Sberbank of Russia on the acquisition of Volksbank International (VBI) and on the subsequent IT separation of their core banking systems.
- Advising UniCredit on IT, regulatory and data privacy aspects on the outsourcing of core back-office banking functionalities to a JV of UBIS and IBM in Italy.
- University of Innsbruck, Austria (doctor of law)
- Teacher of IT law to postgraduate students at the University of Vienna, Austria