About En-Min Chua
En-Min advises on a broad range of financings, acting for financial institutions, investment funds, corporate borrowers and sponsors.
Her experience encompasses derivatives (including FX deal contingent hedging, derivatives-based funding and issuances of repackaged notes linked to loan portfolios) cross-border asset-backed securitizations, multi-source secured debt financings, and acquisition financing.
- Tesco on the hedging aspects (including FX options) of the sale of its businesses in Thailand and Malaysia to CP Group;
- CVC on the hedging aspects of various acquisition financing transactions, including the financing of the take-private acquisition of the shares of Ahlsell AB;
- Heathrow Airport on the derivatives regulatory aspects of its whole business funding structure;
- Paine Schwartz on hedging relating to acquisition financing and the post-acquisition hedging requirements of portfolio companies;
- Various corporate and sponsor clients on derivatives regulatory issues such as margin rules under Dodd Frank;
- Prodigy Finance on its student loan securitization with the U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (a development finance institution of the US government) as the majority Class A lender;
- Rosy Blue Carat on its issuance of diamond receivables- and inventory-backed bonds to US investors;
- Inter-American Investment Corporation on various aspects of its derivatives trading activity;
- Various financial institutions such as UBS, Morgan Stanley and MUFG Securities EMEA on numerous loan portfolio financing transactions using structured repo and total return swap technology opposite counterparties such as HG Vora and BC Partners;
- SES S.A and its subsidiary, O3b Networks, on a procurement financing structure for the construction of seven super-powered medium earth orbit satellites;
- MUFG Securities EMEA in connection with multiple US CLO transactions;
- Silver Point in connection with the financings of a pool of commercial loans, including real estate loans; and
- Several hedge funds on their ISDA and related derivatives trading documentation.
- University of London, UK (LLB)
- Columbia University, US (BA, magna cum laude)
- Admitted to practise in the State of New York, England and Wales, and Hong Kong