About Borja Coz
Borja is an associate in our global transactions group in New York.
Borja's practice focuses on domestic and cross-border project financing, mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions. His expertise is focused on Latin America and his sector experience includes mining, power (both conventional and renewable), oil and gas and telecommunications.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Borja was an associate in the Santiago office of Carey, one of the leading Chilean law firms.
- KfW IPEX-Bank in connection with the $1.2bn financing for the construction, startup, operation and maintenance of a world-scale anhydrous ammonia plant in Mexico.
- América Móvil on the sale of Claro Panama to a Liberty Latin America affiliate; and the formation of a telecom joint venture with Liberty Latin America in Chile.
- ContourGlobal in connection with a $120m senior secured term loan and revolving credit facility and related letter of credit facility for the development and operation of its thermal generation portfolio in the Caribbean.
- JP Morgan as administrative agent, letter of credit issuer and lender under a $930 million revolving and term credit agreement extended to Peabody Energy Corporation. The matter involved a restructuring with Revolving and Term lenders under the JPM Facility and two note issuances maturing in 2022 and 2025, respectively.
- Cinven on the debt financing of its acquisition of Ufinet Latam.
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation on the acquisition of a 24% stake of Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) for USD4.066 bn. Class A shares in SQM were awarded to a Tianqi affiliate in an auction conducted at the Santiago Stock Exchange (SSE), making it the largest transaction in the history of the SSE.
- Barrick Gold Corporation on the sale of a 50% interest in the Zaldívar copper mine in Chile to Antofagasta PLC for USD1.005 bn.
- Solvay on the vendor financing of the sale of a line of its US business.
- LL.M., King's College London, United Kingdom (2019)
- J.D., Universidad Catolica de Chile, Chile (2013)
- Spanish (native)
- English (fluent)