About Giuseppe Curtò
Giuseppe assists clients with civil litigation, arbitration proceedings, white-collar criminal cases and internal investigations.
He has particularly strong banking and finance experience, having assisted clients with derivatives litigation, mis-selling claims, issues of breach of representations and warranties in quota/share-purchase agreements, breach of agency agreements, contractor liability, pre-contractual liability and enforcement of bank guarantees.
The cases Giuseppe deals with can be extremely complex, and he approaches each one with a professional and methodical style.
Giuseppe always ensures he understands the client’s business thoroughly to ensure he chooses the optimal route to settlement.
- Assisting some international banks with civil proceedings concerning derivatives entered into with Italian local authorities.
- Assisting an international bank with regulatory proceedings concerning the alleged violation of reporting duties under Italian anti-money laundering legislation.
- Acting for a German real estate company in a post-acquisition arbitration concerning claims for indemnification of damages due to breach of contractual representations.
- Advising a multinational telecommunications services company on an internal investigation with possible wrongdoing and misconduct at the level of the Italian parent company.
- Advising a major Italian bank on a damages claim against a competitor for poaching a team from its private banking division and almost 400 clients.
- Catholic University of Milan, Italy (JD)
- Admitted to the Italian Bar (avvocato)