About Lara Dajani
Lara is an Associate in our corporate team in Dubai. She is an English qualified lawyer with experience working in Dubai and London. Lara spent more than five years working in-house at a leading private equity firm and prior to that, worked at a magic circle law firm in London. She has developed strong commercial and operational experience through portfolio management alongside her legal skills and is able to advise on acquisitions, disposals, IPOs, fund structuring and general corporate work.
Lara drafts, negotiates and reviews agreements such as SHAs, SPAs, subscription agreements and other key transaction documents. Lara has experience leading due diligence on both the buy-side and sell-side including reviewing documents and preparing legal due diligence reports. Her commercial contracts experience includes reviewing, drafting and negotiating real estate, corporate, commercial, IP, employment and franchise agreements. She has supported on transactions involving a range of sectors including education, healthcare, oil and gas and financial services among others.
Lara speaks English and Arabic.
- *Assisting with the review, preparation and drafting of a PPM for a leading private equity firm’s US$ 1 billion investment fund;
- *Advising Fajr Capital on the sale of GEMS Education to CVC;
- *Advising Fajr Capital on the bolt-on acquisition for GEMS Education in Saudi Arabia;
- *Advising Fajr Capital on the sale of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam (BIBD) to Brunei Investment Agency;
- * Advising Fajr Capital on the sale of National Petroleum Services to a NASDAQ listed SPAC;
- * Advising Fajr Capital on the sale of subsidiaries of a portfolio company;
- *Advising Fajr Capital on the acquisition of a payments solutions business;
- *Advising Fajr Capital on the acquisition of a healthcare business;
*Legal experience prior to joining Freshfields.
- Legal Practice Course | Distinction & Graduate Diploma in Law | Commendation, BPP Law, 2014-15
- BSc Business (Finance) (Hons) | Second Class, Upper Division, The University of Sussex, 2010-13