About Enrique Dancausa
Enrique’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, minority investments, activist defense strategies and other significant corporate matters where he represents public and private companies, as well as private equity and sovereign wealth funds and other investors, in a wide range of complex domestic and cross-border transactions with a particular focus on Latin America.
Latin America Transactions
- UPS on its acquisition of healthcare logistics provider, BOMI Group, and associated Latin America operations.
- América Móvil on the formation of a telecom joint venture with Liberty Latin America in Chile.
- Banco Bradesco on its $500 million acquisition of BAC Florida Bank (Financial Services Deal of the Year, The Deal Awards 2021).
- ExxonMobil on various matters, including in its sale of certain midstream and downstream assets in Colombia, Ecuador and Peru to Compañía de Petróleos de Chile COPEC.
- Mubadala on the restructuring of its investment in the EBX Group and its acquisition of Colombian gold mining company AUX.
- Citigroup on the sale of its asset management business in Mexico to BlackRock.
- The owners of Distribuidora Xtra on their sale of a majority stake in the company to Southern Cross Latin America Private Equity Fund.
- Safra National Bank of New York on its acquisition of Bank Hapoalim’s private wealth management business in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- PointState Capital on its investment in Argentine renewable energy company Genneia.
- Anglo American on the sale of Chilean copper mining business Anglo American Norte to an investor consortium led by Audley Capital Advisors.
US and Other Cross-Border Transactions
- Panther Media Group on its acquisition of a majority stake in Anghami Inc.
- Blackstone portfolio company, Schenck Process Group, on the sale of its food and performance materials business to Hillenbrand, Inc.
- Siemens on the sale of its global low-voltage NEMA motors business to ABB.
- Boston Scientific Corporation on its $800 million sale of BTG Specialty Pharmaceuticals to SERB, a portfolio company Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- Prairie Farms Dairy on its acquisition of certain assets of Dean Foods Company under a bankruptcy court approved sale.
- Mubadala on various transactional matters.
- Juniper Investment Company on its PIPE in Lincoln Educational Services Corporation.
- Warner Music Group on its investment in Audigent.
- The transaction advisory committee of the Board of Directors of Gener8 Maritime on its stock-for-stock merger with Euronav (Deal of the Year, S&P Platts 2020 Global Metals Award).
- McGraw-Hill Education on its acquisition of a minority stake in global language learning community Busuu.
- Bunge Limited on its negotiation of cooperation agreements with Continental Grain Company and affiliates of DE Shaw.
- Altice USA on its spin-off from Altice Europe.
- CVS Health on its sale of RxCrossroads to McKesson Corporation.
- Mizuho Bank on its acquisition of a $36.5 billion US and Canada loan portfolio from Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
- New York University School of Law
- LL.M., 2014
- Instituto de Empresa (IE) Law School
- LL.M., 2008
- Carlos III University
- J.D., 2006
- New York
- Madrid, Spain
- Spanish (Native)
- English (Fluent)