About Dr. Philip Denninger
Philip advises on a wide range of commercial and corporate law matters, including mergers & acquisitions , corporate reorganizations, commercial contracts, and corporate compliance. Besides working for Freshfields, Philip has gained inhouse experience in the energy sector and the aerospace industry in the course of two secondments. Following almost eight years working as a Principal Associate in our Global Transactions practice, he is now a Senior Knowledge Lawyer specialising in all areas of corporate law, with a particular focus on Public M&A, capital markets, stock corporations, and corporate reorganizations.
Philip is also truly enthousiastic about international contexts, be it in relation to client work or otherwise. Having studied and worked in Germany, England, the United States, and France, Philip is fluent in both German and English and has a good command of French.
- Umicore in relation to the squeeze-out of minority shareholders in Allgemeine Gold- und Silberscheideanstalt AG;
- DVB Bank SE on the sale of its aviation asset management and aviation investment management business;
- KKR on its public takeover offer for Axel Springer SE as well as the subsequent squeeze-out of minority shareholders;
- Airbus SE on a number of M&A transactions in the course of an international client secondment;
- BASF in relation to its joint venture with Letterone regarding the combination of Wintershall and DEA Deutsche Erdoel;
- A certified transmission system operator (TSO) on the sale of stakes in a gas pipeline project to various co-investors and on the framework for the joint construction and operation of the project;
- RWE Power AG in relation to the group-internal spin-off of its nuclear power business;
- RWE AG on various corporate law matters in the course of a client secondment;
- A German listed company in relation to an internal investigation concerning compliance violations by a member of the management board and subsequent dismissal proceedings;
- E.ON SE in relation to the establishment of a joint venture with Statoil for the construction and operation of the offshore wind farm "Arkona";
- EQT Partners in relation to the acquisition of the Siemens audiology business.
- University of Heidelberg (Dr. iur.)
- University of Cambridge (Jesus College; Master of Law)
- University of Heidelberg (legal studies)
- Admitted as Rechtsanwalt to the Düsseldorf bar
- Legal clerkship in Duisburg, Düsseldorf, Cologne (Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer) and New York (Permanent Mission of Germany to the United Nations)