About Shawn der Kinderen
Shawn is a partner in our global transactions practice and co-head of the firm’s Global Markets initiative.
Shawn's work is focused on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and private equity. He advises on multijurisdictional transactions that involve co-ordinating teams across European and African jurisdictions.
Shawn regularly acts for financial investor clients, such as private equity funds, infrastructure funds, sovereign wealth funds and pension fund investors. His M&A and joint venture practice means he also regularly acts for clients in the energy, chemical, consumer product, TMT and financial sectors.
Shawn’s Global Markets role includes the leadership of our StrongerTogether initiative, our network of relationship firms across the world that allows us to deliver Freshfields’ services to clients in any market.
He speaks English, Dutch and Afrikaans.
- Advised EQT Infrastructure on the sale of Koole Terminals, a Netherlands-based tank terminal operator, to institutional investors advised by JP Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of the TMF Group, a global provider of compliance and administrative services, for a total consideration of €1.75bn.
- Advised IK Investment Partners on its acquisition of Salad Signature, the leading manufacturer of spreadable salads in the Benelux, from AAC Capital.
- Advised NPM Capital, a Dutch investment firm, on the acquisition of Deli Home & Garden from NV Deli Maatschappij.
- Advised Cargill on its agreement with Archer Daniels Midland Company to launch a joint venture to provide soybean meal and oil for customers in Egypt.
- Advised Barloworld, the South Africa-based company, on the sale of its material handling equipment in a number of jurisdictions and on the formation of two agri-focused joint ventures with BayWa in Zambia and South Africa.
- University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Grotius Academy, University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands (Dutch corporate law)
- Advocaat in the Netherlands
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- Attorney in South Africa