About Shawn der Kinderen
Shawn is a partner in our global transactions practice and co-head of the firm’s Global Markets initiative.
Shawn's work is focused on cross-border M&A, joint ventures and private equity. He advises on multijurisdictional transactions that involve co-ordinating teams across European and African jurisdictions.
Shawn regularly acts for financial investor clients, such as private equity funds, infrastructure funds, sovereign wealth funds and pension fund investors. His M&A and joint venture practice means he also regularly acts for clients in the energy, chemical, consumer product, TMT and financial sectors.
Shawn’s Global Markets role includes the leadership of our StrongerTogether initiative, our network of relationship firms across the world that allows us to deliver Freshfields’ services to clients in any market.
He speaks English, Dutch and Afrikaans.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners on its acquisition from Apax Partners of a majority shareholding in Expereo, the world’s leading provider of Managed Internet, Cloud access and SD-WANsolutions.
- Advised Permira on its €150m growth investment in online platform Catawiki, Europe’s leading curated online marketplace for special objects.
- Advised CVC Strategic Opportunities on its €362.5m acquisition of a 50% stake in DFE Pharma, a leading global excipients manufacturer for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Advised Hellman & Friedman on its acquisition of a minority equity stake in Action from global private markets investment manager Partners Group and on its related shareholder arrangements with continuing shareholder, 3i.
- Advised Vitruvian Partners and the management shareholders on the sale of Voxbone, a leading international enterprise cloud communications provider, to Bandwidth Inc., a NASDAQ-listed enterprise cloud communications company
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of the TMF Group, a global provider of compliance and administrative services, for a total consideration of €1.75bn.
- Advised IK Investment Partners on its acquisition of Salad Signature, the leading manufacturer of spreadable salads in the Benelux, from AAC Capital.
- University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Grotius Academy, University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands (Dutch corporate law)
- Advocaat in the Netherlands
- Solicitor in England and Wales
- Attorney in South Africa