About Yaye Diabaté
Yaye is an associate in our International Arbitration Group and a member of our Global Projects Disputes Practice, specialized in both commercial and investment disputes.
She acts as counsel for companies and State-owned entities in international arbitrations under all major international arbitration rules, including the Rules of ICSID and ICC, particularly in disputes related to construction and engineering, energy, oil & gas and public international law. Yaye also advises companies in pre-contentious matters.
Yaye speaks English and French.
- Representing Akfel Commodities in its ICSID arbitration against Turkey relating to its investment in the Turkish natural gas and energy sector;
- Representing an international consortium of contractors in ICC arbitration proceedings brought against a project owner in relation to an EPC contract for the construction of an ammonia and urea plant in Algeria.
- Representing a major oil and gas company in relation to multi-billion dollar defect claims arising from the design of an onshore gas processing facility in Australia.
- Comparative and International Dispute Resolution, LLM, Queen Mary University, London, UK
- Arbitration and International Business Law, Master Degree, University of Versailles, France
- International Law, Master Degree, University of Paris I - Panthéon Sorbonne, France
- International Law, LLB, University of Paris I - Panthéon Sorbonne, France
- Paris Bar