About Dr. Jochen Dieselhorst
Jochen leads the IP/IT practice in our Hamburg office, where he is also responsible for recruitment.
He deals with complex IP-driven transactions and commercial agreements, particularly in the life sciences and IT sectors. For example, he has advised on partnering arrangements and product sales in the pharmaceuticals and biotech industries, and on all types of outsourcing arrangements.
Jochen takes a considered, practical approach to his work, even when the stakes are high. Clients appreciate his ability to find commercial, workable solutions.
As well as being the author of a number of articles and other publications, particularly in the area of IT law, Jochen is a regular lecturer at conferences and seminars.
He speaks German and English.
- Advising Merck KGaA on the worldwide carve-out and sale of its consumer health business to Procter & Gamble at a price of around EUR 3.4bn
- Advising BioNTech SE in various biotech and pharma collaborations, including (i) collaboration with Pfizer for the joint development, manufacturing and worldwide commercialization of an mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine, (ii) license and development agreement with Pfizer for the development of mRNA-based influenza vaccines, (iii) collaboration with Genentech for the joint development, manufacturing and worldwide commercialization of an mRNA-based individualized cancer vaccine, (iv) collaboration with Genmab for the joint development, manufacturing and worldwide commercialization of bi-specific antibody compounds against solid tumors, (v) collaboration with Roivant Sciences in relation to the joint development, manufacturing and worldwide commercialization of mRNA-based products against rare diseases, (vi) license and development agreement with Sanofi for the development of five mRNA-based immuno-oncology products, (vii) license and development collaboration with Eli Lilly for the development of TCR-based therapies and (viii) collaboration with Bayer on the development of mRNA-based vaccines for animal health applications.
- Advising Boehringer Ingelheim on the sale of its €18bn+ consumer healthcare business to Sanofi and purchase of Sanofi’s animal health business, in particular in relation to the worldwide carve-of of the two businesses within the framework of the transaction.
- Advising Affimed in various biotech and pharma collaborations, including (i) conclusion of an R&D and license collaboration with Genentech with a total value of up to USD 5bn in relation to the development of NK-call activating immune-oncology therapies and (ii) license and development collaboration with Amphivena and Janssen for the development of a bi-specific antibody for immune-oncology applications.
- Advising Advent on the acquisition of the European generics business Zentiva from Sanofi for USD 2.2 bn as well as the follow-on acquisition by Zentiva of the central and Eastern European business of Alvogen group consisting of more than 200 generics and OTC products.
- University of Miami, US (LLM)
- University of Hamburg, Germany (doctor of law)
- German-American Lawyers Society (DAJV)
- German Society for Law and Information Technology (DGRI)