About Dr. Tom Dittmar
Tom advises in the area of restructuring and insolvency law and is a member of the firm’s global transactions team.
He advises corporates and lenders in the context of out-of court and in-court financial restructurings, refinancings and Distressed M&A transactions.
Tom speaks German and English.
- Acting for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in relation to the acquisition of the onshore business of the insolvent wind turbine manufacturer Senvion
- Acting for the RCF and bilateral lenders, represented through its steering committee, of the German cable and wiring supplier Leoni on its financial and operational restructuring
- Advising the members of the Ad Hoc Committee of lenders on the financial restructuring of the French hospitality group AccorInvest
- Advising TUI on a consent soliticitation and adjustment of their bond terms and conditions in relation to its EUR 300m senior notes
- Acting for a US device manufacturer on the defence against claw-back claims and liability claims against a German subsidiary
- Acting for an Austrian service provider on the defence against claw-back claims asserted by its insolvent customer's insolvency administrator
- Legal studies at University of Hamburg, Germany
- Graduate studies (LL.M.) at Columbia Law School in New York City
- Degree of doctor of laws (Dr. iur.) at University of Hamburg, Germany
- Legal clerkship (Rechtsreferendariat) at the Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht) of Hamburg with stages in Hamburg and Hong Kong
- Attorney at law (Rechtsanwalt), Germany