About Tom Dye
Tom specialises in contentious and non-contentious intellectual property, IT, commercial and data-related matters.
He advises clients on the protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights, trade mark, copyright and patent infringement issues, intellectual property-related corporate transactions, a wide variety of commercial agreements, and complex business separation projects.
Tom has been seconded to the firm’s Washington office, and spent a year working in-house at a leading international sports data and media business.
- Advising Coty on its strategic long term exclusive licence of the Burberry brand for fragrances and make-up, winner of ‘Deal of the Year’ at the Luxury Law Summit 2017.
- Advising AB InBev on the IP and separation aspects of its £78.4bn merger with SABMiller, for which the Freshfields IP team won Managing IP’s Firm of the Year 2017 (IP Transactional – Europe). Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Acting for Tesco on the separation and £4.2bn sale of its Korean business, including related branding arrangements.
- Advising BT on the intellectual property and branding aspects of its £12.5bn acquisition of mobile network operator EE.
- Acting for United Biscuits on the sales of significant snacks and biscuits brands and businesses, including various related multi-jurisdictional commercial arrangements.
- University of Oxford, UK (diploma in intellectual property law and practice)
- BPP Law School, UK (legal practice course)
- University of Cambridge, UK (BA in law)