About Dr. Boris Dzida
Boris is known for advising employers on complex restructurings and integrating employees after M&A transactions. He is the global head of our People and Reward practice group.
In particular, he advises on Germany’s data protection and privacy laws, and how these may affect plans to transfer employee information across borders. This enables clients to adopt strategies and working practices that avoid problems arising in the first place.
Boris also advises clients on employee and trade-union relations, and the implications for their reputation in the media.
Clients appreciate his skill, delicacy and awareness of these wider aspects of their interests, as well as his specific legal knowledge.
Along with his native German, Boris speaks English and French.
- Advising Novartis on the German employment law aspects of its £15bn portfolio transformation.
- Advising Hapag-Lloyd on the global employment law aspects of the planning and implementation of its business combination with Compañía Sudamericana de Vapores, a South American container shipping company.
- Advising Karstadt on the separation of its sports and premium department stores, including the transfer of several thousand employees.
- Advising Berggruen Holding on the employment law aspects of the acquisition of Karstadt, one of Germany’s largest department store chains, out of insolvency.
- Advising Wella on its complete integration into Procter & Gamble.
- Universities of Berlin, Germany (doctor of law) and Geneva, Switzerland
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht, Germany