About Dr. Niklas Eckert
Niklas is a certified specialist for employment law. He advises in all areas of individual and collective employment law.
He provides ongoing employment law advice, with a particular focus on employment law-related disputes and drafting of employment contracts. He also advises on the employment law-related areas of corporate restructurings and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Niklas advises clients on the employment law aspects of internal investigations and compliance matters. In 2019, he did a secondment in our Beijing office.
Currently, he advises numerous companies on combating the COVID-19 crisis.
Niklas speaks German and English.
- Advising numerous companies on combating the COVID-19 crisis (especially on the implementation of short-time work and alternative measure)
- Advising Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) on the acquisition of wpd offshore GmbH, a leading offshore wind-farm developer, from wpd AG
- Advising Advent International on the acquisition of Deutsche Fachpflege Gruppe, the leader in non-clinical intensive care in Germany
- Advising KAR Auction Services, Inc. on the acquisition of the Belgium-based CarsOnTheWeb group
- Advising the buyer on the acquisition of the Frankfurt hotel and office complex "THE SQUAIRE", one of the largest commercial properties in Germany
- Advising the global technology company Freudenberg on the sale of its IT business "Freudenberg IT" to the Canadian Syntax Systems Ltd.
- Advising the automotive company Takata on various employment law aspects in Germany in the course of its worldwide restructuring
- Ongoing employment advise for one of the world's largest private equity firm
- Advising Volkswagen in in terms of employment and civil law in the so-called Diesel issue
- Bucerius Law School, Germany (first state exam and doctorate of laws)
- University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg with work in Berlin, Hamburg, and Bangkok, Thailand
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Certified specialist for employment law