About Olaf Ehlers
Olaf is a senior associate in our M&A practice in New York.
Olaf advises domestic and international clients in M&A transactions on the buy as well as on the sell side, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings, with a particular focus on cross-border matters.
- Royal Caribbean Group on the all-cash carve-out of its Azamara cruise line to Sycamore Partners, including its three-ship fleet and associated intellectual property.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises on the acquisition of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises by TUI Cruises, a joint venture co-owned with TUI AG.
- CoreMedia AG on its sale to Los Angeles based OpenGate Capital.
- Emerson Electric on its acquisition of the Aventics Group from Triton.
- DEUTZ AG on its partial financing of the acquisition of Neue Halberg-Guss by companies advised by One Square Advisors.
- Maersk Line on the divestiture of its global dry bulk shipping operations to The China Navigation Company.
- Neology, Inc., a portfolio company of One Equity Partners, on its acquisition of the automated license plate recognition business from 3M.
- Maersk Line on its acquisition of container liner company Hamburg Sued.
- Hapag-Lloyd AG on its acquisition of container liner company United Arab Shipping Company.
- Expedia, Inc. as majority shareholder of trivago GmbH on trivago’s IPO at the NASDAQ stock exchange.
- Expedia, Inc. on its acquisition of a majority stake in hotel meta search engine trivago.
- Wärtsilä Corp. on the acquisition of the Marine Systems International unit from L-3 Communications Corp.
- Madison International Realty/Morgan Stanley on the sale of Franfurt high rise “Trianon Tower” for €540 million.
- Berggruen Holdings on the acquisition of the Karstadt Group (2010) and the subsequent divestiture (2014).
- Liberty Global, Inc. on the acquisition of Kabel Baden-Württemberg.
- Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich
- University of Bayreuth, Germany (Business Law)
- New York University School of Law, New York (LL.M. in Corporate Law)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
During his traineeship at the appellate court of Berlin (Kammergericht), Olaf completed various apprenticeships with public and private institutions, including the German Treasury in Berlin.