About Frederic Elens
Frederic is an experienced corporate and M&A lawyer.
Based in Brussels, Frederic specialises in cross-border acquisitions and divestments, joint ventures, reorganisations, carve-outs and other corporate transactions, advising Belgian and international private equity and financial investors, corporate clients and financial institutions. His expertise spans both private and public M&A transactions, and covers a wide range of industries.
Alongside his transactional practice, Frederic advises clients on corporate advisory, company law and governance matters.
Frederic is fluent in French, Dutch and English.
- Advising the Swerts family (Soudal group) and 3d Investors on the acquisition of a stake of approximately 25 per cent in Studio 100, one of the largest independent providers of family entertainment in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany and worldwide animation studios in Australia, Germany, France and the United States.
- Advising IK Investment Partners on the sale – and previously the acquisition – of CID Lines, a leading Belgian company active in the supply of innovative hygiene solutions; and subsequently on the bolt-on acquisition of Meratech, a Russian business specialised in agricultural, food and beverage hygiene solutions.
- Advising One Equity Partners on the acquisition by its portfolio company Walki Group of 100 % of the shares of Mondi Belcoat NV, a Belgian extrusion coating company of Mondi Group.
- Advising Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (‘CPPIB’) on the sale - and previously the acquisition - of its 39 per cent stake in Belgian group Interparking, a leading pan-European car park owner and operator owning a portfolio of 949 high quality car park sites in nearly 420 cities across 9 countries.
- Advising Anheuser-Busch InBev on its acquisition of the Brouwerij Bosteels group from the Bosteels family and Waterland.
- Advising Cinven on the acquisition and financing of hosting business One.com.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the sale, and previously on the acquisition, of Praesidiad (formerly Betafence), the Belgium headquartered world market leader in fencing solutions, access control and detection for perimeter protection, to The Carlyle Group.
- Advising KAR Auction Services on the acquisition of the Belgium-based CarsOnTheWeb group, an online auction services provider in the wholesale second-hand vehicle sector.
- Advising Perrigo on the €3.6 billion acquisition of Omega Pharma from Waterland Private Equity and Marc Coucke.
- Advising Solvay on the joint venture with Ineos in the PVC sector and the early termination thereof.
- Advising Telenet on the €1.325 billion acquisition of BASE company from KPN; the acquisition of the business of SFR in Belgium and Luxembourg from the Altice Group for a consideration of €400 million on a cash-free debt-free basis; and the acquisition of Nextel.
- Advising Vendis Capital on the auction sale of the Inula group, a key player in the herbal remedies market with Pranarom, HerbalGem and Biofloral brands, to Ardian.
- Advising Vinci on the transfer of control in CFE to Ackermans & Van Haaren.
- Advising Vitruvian Partners on the acquisition of Voxbone SA, a Belgium-based international company active in the cloud business.
- Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium (law)
- UCLA School of Law, US (LLM)
- Brussels Bar