About Noha Elgendy
Noha is an Associate in our Global Projects Disputes Practice and is based in Dubai.
Noha acts for clients on contentious and non-contentious construction matters. She has experience working on international arbitration and litigation disputes, and advising clients in connection with complex, international construction and engineering contracts. She works with different practice groups to provide specialist construction advice on high-value, complex projects throughout Europe and the Middle East.
Noha is fluent in Arabic and English. She is qualified in Egypt.
Noha’s experience includes advising:
- A UAE based master developer in a DIAC arbitration arising out of a Project Development and Operation Agreement in relation to a commercial project in the UAE.
- A UAE subsidiary of a major Spanish contractor in defending an ICC arbitral award in a set-aside application before the ADGM Courts.
- A joint venture of contractors in an arbitration concerning the construction of an onshore oil and gas facility in the UAE.
- A seller on an ongoing major transaction governed by English law, in relation to their material NEC contracts.
- An oil and gas operator in relation to a potential misleading or deceptive conduct claim in the Federal Court of Australia against a manufacturer of paint that was used to coat a gas plant in Australia, and appears to have prematurely corroded, requiring significant rectification work during the plant's life.
- A UAE government-owned master developer in a DIAC arbitration arising out of a mixed-use real estate and leisure development project in the UAE.
- A multinational energy corporation in a potential arbitration against its EPCM contractors concerning a USD multi-billion dispute relating to one of the largest natural gas projects in the world.
- A Middle East Government regarding significant delay, disruption, acceleration and variation claims relating to a high-profile infrastructure project valued at hundreds of millions of dollars.
- * A multinational corporation in its contract with the Egyptian Government for Egypt's first high-speed electric rail system.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
Licence en Droit, Cairo University, 2020
Noha is admitted to the Egyptian Bar Association and is registered as a Legal Consultant with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department.