About Tim Elkerbout
Tim is a senior associate in the finance team in our firm’s Amsterdam office and joined the firm in 2013.
He specialises in finance and restructuring transactions and has experience in syndicated corporate lending, multi-jurisdictional restructurings and debt capital markets.
Tim advises sponsors, corporate borrowers, creditors and strategic investors in connection with financing transactions accross the credit spectrum, in particular in relation to lending transactions and restructurings of stressed and distressed businesses.
During his time at Freshfields Tim was seconded to a London-based investor in the European retail sector and to the legal team of a Dutch financial institution.
His recent restructuring experience includes advising:
- HAL Investments, as lead member of a maritime industry consortium, on the acquisition and financial restructuring of Royal IHC.
- The security holder in relation to the restructuring and insolvency of Dutch toy retailer Intertoys B.V. and the enforcement sale of the business.
- Management of Lebara in relation to negotiations with the ad hoc group of bondholders on the financial restructuring of Lebara.
- Greenyard on the financing aspects of its restructuring.
- Certain lenders, the security agent and the common agent for the entire financing transaction in respect of Dutch company Royal Imtech, including the enforcement actions following its insolvency.
- Dutch Van Gansewinkel Groep on its €800m restructuring implemented by way of an English law scheme of arrangement.
His recent (leveraged) financing and lending experience includes advising:
- Goldman Sachs on their multi-jurisdictional leveraged buy-out of Continental Bakeries and subsequent refinancing and debt-repricing.
- iCON Infrastructure on various acquisition financings.
- ABN AMRO Bank, ING Bank and Rabobank on the refinancing of Ebusco, a Dutch pioneer and a forerunner in the development of electric buses and charging systems.
- ABN AMRO Bank and ING Bank on the refinancing of Dynniq.
- SnowWorld and its main shareholder Alychlo on the financing of SnowWorld.
- Wereldhave on their Dutch credit facilities, including most recently on a EUR 100,000,000 secured RCF with ABN AMRO as lender.
2013-2016 – Law firm school
2011-2013 – Master in European Business Law, Radboud University Nijmegen (cum laude)
2012 – Sydney University, Australia
2008-2011 – Bachelor in Dutch and International and European law, Radboud University Nijmegen