About Charlotte Evans
Charlotte is a counsel in our Asia-Pacific energy and natural resources practice, and a member of our global transactions group. She is based in our Singapore office.
Charlotte acts for governments, multi-national corporations, international organisations and financial institutions across the Asia-Pacific. Her practice focuses on M&A, project development and the negotiation and resolution of complex disputes in the energy and natural resources and infrastructure sectors.
- Advising six Japanese trading houses, five chemical companies and Japan International Cooperation Agency on negotiations with the Indonesian government concerning the termination of a long-term joint venture for the development and operation of the Asahan hydroelectric power project and associated aluminium smelter in North Sumatra, including the disposal of the Japanese parties' interests to the Indonesian government for $557m and the settlement of all claims.
- Advising Mandala Energy, a KKR-funded vehicle headquartered in Singapore, on its farm-in to the Lemang production sharing contract in Indonesia and the acquisition of two upstream exploration blocks in South Sumatra from Australia-listed Cooper Energy.
- Advising Hess Corporation on: the disposal of its Indonesian and Thai businesses to PTTEP, Pertamina and Saka for a combined $2.3bn; and its development of the $12bn North Malay Basin natural gas and liquids project.
- Advising an Asian government on the renegotiation of the production sharing contract, and the tax and fiscal regime to apply to an offshore oilfield development.
- Advising BP on all aspects of its investment in, and the development of, terminal and storage facilities at Khor Al Zubayr in southern Iraq.
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales
- Entitled to practise in Singapore as a registered foreign lawyer