About Matt Evans
Matt is an associate in our Engineering, Procurement and Construction team, based in London.
Matt advises major contractors, utilities and corporates, specialising in construction and engineering, nuclear, utilities, energy and oil and gas. Matt advises on all forms of dispute resolution including litigation and arbitration. Matt also advises clients on non-contentious matters and has experience of structuring and negotiating construction and development documents.
During his time at Freshfields, Matt spent six months on secondment at Tesco, advising on a variety of contentious and non-contentious commercial matters.
- Advising a multi-national oil and gas company on possible claims against its EPCM contractor for cost overruns on the construction of an LNG plant;
- Advising Eurotunnel in a procurement and judicial review challenge against the Department for Transport for the award of three freight contracts in relation to a no-deal Brexit;
- Advising a midstream gas aggregator in the Caribbean in a number of concurrent arbitration proceedings brought by downstream purchasers of gas, in connection with failure to supply gas;
- Negotiating construction documents for a multi-national bank in the re-development of their London headquarters;
- Advising a multi-national construction and dredging company in disputes arising from work on a major construction and infrastructure project in Central America;
- Acting for a bidder in its successful challenge to the award of contracts, worth approximately £7.4bn, by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority to decommission 12 key nuclear sites.
- St Catherine's College, University of Oxford (BA in English language and literature)
- BPP University - Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction)
- BPP University - Legal Practice Course (Commendation)
Professional Qualifications and memberships:
- Qualified in England & Wales
- Member of Society of Construction Law