About Tala Fahoum
Tala is an Associate in our International Arbitration Group based in Dubai.
She has experience working in arbitration and litigation with particular focus on commercial disputes in the Middle East.
She has advised corporate clients in relation to arbitrations under various rules, including the DIFC-LCIA, DIAC, SCC, and UNCITRAL, and in relation to disputes before the DIFC Courts and the UAE Courts.
Tala is a native speaker of English and Arabic and is fluent in French
- Advising claimants in an ICSID claim brought against the State of Kuwait under the Egypt-Kuwait BIT, relating to the development of the Heritage Village Project in Kuwait.
- Advising an international investment company respondent in a DIAC arbitration concerning a US$multi-million UAE real estate project
- Advising a multinational energy corporation in a potential arbitration against its EPCM contractors concerning a US$multi-billion dispute relating to one of the largest natural gas projects in the world.
- Advising an international security provider in SCC arbitration proceedings against an oil company concerning a dispute under a contract for the provision of security services in Iraq.
- Advising a multinational energy corporation in a potential arbitration against its EPCM contractors in relation to a large oil and gas project in Central Asia.
- Representing a third party healthcare services provider in a US$multi-million claim against a leading Middle East insurance company in the DIFC Courts.
- Advising a range of large multi-national corporations on a variety of commercial disputes, including insolvency, shareholders‘ disputes, commercial agency disputes and general contractual disputes.
- Advising clients on pursuing Middle East-based debtors in different fora in the UAE and abroad.
- Advising international clients on and assisting them with the enforcement of arbitral awards in the UAE.
London School of Economics and Political Science, BSc (Accounting and Finance).
The University of Law, Bloomsbury, Graduate Diploma in Law.