About Sara Folchi
Sara specializes in representing companies, officers, and directors in shareholder disputes, internal and regulatory investigations, and business litigation.
Sara has experience with complex shareholder litigation, including securities class actions, derivative actions, shareholder class actions, and deal litigation. She also has experience with antitrust, breach of contract, and trade secret misappropriation litigation. She has a particular focus in efficient e-discovery and fact development.
Sara has represented clients in the technology, life sciences, financial, and airline industries. She is also devoted to providing pro bono legal counsel to clients from underserved communities, including representing asylum seekers and non-profits.
Before joining Freshfields, Sara worked in the Silicon Valley offices of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati and O’Melveny & Myers. During law school, she served as Managing Editor for the Berkeley Journal of International Law.
- Social media and technology: Defended Snap and its officers and directors in securities class actions and shareholder derivative lawsuits in federal and state courts in connection with Snap’s initial public offering.
- Life sciences: Defended Tokai Pharmaceuticals and its officers and directors in securities class actions in state and federal courts, resulting in dismissal of class claims.
- Investigations: Represented social media, analytics, cybersecurity, and business services companies in internal and regulatory investigations.
- J.D., Berkeley Law
- Prosser Award, Introduction to Intellectual Property
- B.A., French and Francophone Studies, Santa Clara University
- magna cum laude
- B.S., Political Science, Santa Clara University
- magna cum laude