About Edward Freeman
Edward has advised on a range of transactions in Asia and Europe, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, Hong Kong and UK public takeovers and take-privates, financial sponsor-led acquisitions and disposals and corporate finance transactions.
He has significant experience advising on high-profile public M&A transactions, including advising a consortium (led by ANTA Sports and FountainVest) on its €4.6bn acquisition of Amer Sports, Wing Hang Bank on the takeover offer from OCBC and the Wu family on the privatization of Hopewell Holdings.
Edward also regularly advises insurers and other investors in the insurance sector, including Prudential, on M&A transactions (including bancassurance arrangements), as well as private equity clients, such as Blackstone, CVC and Warburg Pincus, on their investments in Asia.
- Consortium (led by ANTA and FountainVest) on its €4.6bn acquisition of Amer Sports.
- Prudential on its long-term strategic bancassurance partnership in Thailand with TMB Bank.
- Mars on its investment in PRC pet healthcare business Ringpai.
- The Wu family on the privatization of Hopewell Holdings by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Global Brands Group on the sale of its kids manufacturing, wholesale and retail businesses in China.
- Alibaba Group on its HK$2.82bn strategic investment into Haier and a subscription of equity in Qingdao Haier Logistics.
- CMC M&E on its acquisition of a stake in Hong Kong broadcaster TVB.
- Warburg Pincus on its real estate joint venture with PT Nirvana Development in Indonesia.
- Wing Hang Bank on its US$5bn takeover offer from OCBC.
- Downing College, University of Cambridge, UK (law)
- Solicitor in England and Wales, and Hong Kong