About Edward Freeman
Edward has advised on a range of transactions in Asia and Europe, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, Hong Kong and UK public takeovers and take-privates, financial sponsor-led acquisitions and disposals and corporate finance transactions.
He has significant experience advising on high-profile public M&A transactions, including advising ESR Group on its US$5bn acquisition of ARA Asset Management, a consortium (led by ANTA Sports and FountainVest) on its €4.6bn acquisition of Amer Sports, CK Asset on the acquisition of stakes in various infrastructure companies and share buy-back by way of general offer, Razer on its take private, Wing Hang Bank on its takeover by OCBC and the Wu family on the privatization of Hopewell Holdings.
Edward also regularly advises private equity clients, including CVC, Affinity, and FountainVest on their investments across the Asia Pacific region, as well as insurers and other investors in the insurance sector, including Prudential, on their M&A and distribution transactions across the region.
- Consortium (led by ANTA and FountainVest) on its €4.6bn acquisition of Amer Sports.
- Prudential on its long-term strategic bancassurance partnership in Thailand with TMB Bank.
- Mars on its investment in PRC pet healthcare business Ringpai.
- The Wu family on the privatization of Hopewell Holdings by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Global Brands Group on the sale of its kids manufacturing, wholesale and retail businesses in China.
- Alibaba Group on its HK$2.82bn strategic investment into Haier and a subscription of equity in Qingdao Haier Logistics.
- CMC M&E on its acquisition of a stake in Hong Kong broadcaster TVB.
- Wing Hang Bank on its US$5bn takeover offer from OCBC.
- Downing College, University of Cambridge, UK (law)
- Solicitor in England and Wales, and Hong Kong