About Gabriel Fusea
Gabriel Fusea is an associate in the firm's International Arbitration Group and the Global Projects Disputes Practice.
A member of the New York Bar, Gabriel is trained in both civil and common law, having initially qualified in Romania. His practice focuses on international investment and commercial arbitration. He has experience advising and representing States and private entities under various institutional rules and applicable laws, as well as advising non-governmental organizations on matters of public international law.
Prior to joining Freshfields in March 2019, Gabriel was an associate in the dispute resolution practice of a leading Romanian law firm.
Gabriel speaks fluent English and Romanian, as well as intermediate French.
- Acting for a Dutch investor and its locally incorporated subsidiary in a multi-million dollar ICSID arbitration against an Eastern European State relating to an investment in a sports and recreation center with lodging and associated amenities;
- Acting for an Israeli investor in a multi-million dollar ICSID arbitration against an Eastern European State relating to an investment in a sports and recreation center with lodging and associated amenities;
- Acting for an Eastern European State in an ICSID arbitration relating to an investment in the oil & gas sector;
- Acting for a UAE investor in an ICSID arbitration against a Middle Eastern State relating to an investment in the oil & gas sector;
- Advising an investor in the mining sector in relation to a potential investment dispute against a CIS State.
Attorney at Law (New York State Bar)
Avocat (Bucharest Bar - currently nonpracticing)
Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in International Business and Economic Law (Thomas Bradbury Chetwood SJ Prize for Most Distinguished Academic Performance)
Georgetown University Law Center, Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
University of Bucharest Faculty of Law, LL.B.