About Ana Julia Garcia
Ana is a counsel in our Madrid office. She advises on all aspects of corporate real estate, in particular disposals and acquisitions on complex real estate transactions, project developments and real estate finance. She is also particularly experienced in construction matters.
She specializes on the sale and acquisition of real estate portfolios (logistic warehouses, hotels, shopping centres and office buildings) and NPLs through complex structures. Ana also advises on commercial lease agreements, sale and lease back transactions, construction contracts and joint venture agreements. Her client base includes major financial investors and institutions, real estate companies, SOCIMIs, investment banks and other key players in the Spanish real estate market. Ana udertook a secondment to the London office in 2016 and a mini-secondment to the Frankfurt office in 2019.
She speaks Spanish, English and has a working knowledge of French.
- Advising KKR on the creation of a hostel platform by means of a joint venture with Excem Capital Partners Sociedad de Inversión Turística, for the purposes of acquiring a series of hostels within Western Europe.
- Advising Lazora and its former shareholders on the recycling of the capital structure whereby new investors (CBRE and Madison) acquired the majority of the shares in the regulated company and committed to invest up to around €760m to finance the business plan in the coming years.
- Advising Ares European Property Enhancement Partners II on its acquisition and financing of the Spanish asset within a European portfolio of 21 logistics assets from US logistics property heavyweight Prologis
- Advising CPP Investment Board on the acquisition from Banco Sabadell of a NPLs and REOs sub-portfolio, including the corporate and real estate aspects related to the transaction.
- Advising Hispania Activos Inmobiliarios on the potential sale of its portfolio office.
- Law and Business Administration degree from Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE – E3).
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association (Colegio de abogados de Madrid).