About Ana Julia Garcia
Ana is a counsel in our Madrid office. She advises on all aspects of corporate real estate transactions, in particular she has broad experience in complex real estate investments and divestments, project developments and real estate finance.
She is also particularly experienced in construction matters. Ana Julia specializes on the sale and acquisition of real estate portfolios (build to rent, logistic warehouses, hotels, shopping centres and office buildings) and NPLs through complex structures. She also advises on joint ventures, management agreements, commercial lease agreements, sale and lease back transactions and construction contracts. Her client base includes major financial investors and institutions, real estate companies, SOCIMIs, investment banks and other key players in the Spanish real estate market including: Proprium Capital Partners, KKR, Ares European Property, FGDEC, Azora and Merlín Properties.
Between March and June 2016, she was seconded to our real estate department in London and in April-May 2019 to our real estate department in Frankfurt.
She speaks Spanish, English and has a working knowledge of French.
Selected experience includes advising:
- KKR, Round Hill Capital and Pulsar Properties, acting through their joint venture Pulsar Iberia Logistics, on the sale of their Spanish logistics portfolio to P3 Logistics Parks, a long-term owner, developer and manager of European logistics properties, for €108.3m.
- Azora, Spain’s pioneer of purpose-built rented residential assets, on its agreement with a global institutional investor to create BRISA, a new vehicle focussed on build-to-rent residential developments across Spain. BRISA's implied total investment capacity will be more than €1 billion and will target the development of more than 8,000 units over the next five years.
- CPP Investments on the establishment of a joint venture with Round Hill Capital, which will seek to acquire a European student accommodation portfolio of up to €1 billion initially, with scope to increase further over time. CPP is the majority equity partner and Round Hill will provide management services to the joint venture.
- KKR in its joint venture with Dunas Capital in connection with the extension and subsequent renegotiation of terms of the bank debt associated with the hotel portfolio acquired in June 2017.
- CarVal Investors GB on real estate and mortgage aspects of the following transaction: (i) the acquisition of the economic interests and property rights arising from a portfolio of Spanish mortgage loans granted mainly to individuals and mostly backed by residential assets from Abanca Corporación Bancaria, by means of the issuance of (i) mortgage bonds (participaciones hipotecarias) and (ii) mortgage transfer certificates (certificados de transmisión de hipoteca) and its subsequent transfer to a Spanish securitisation fund and (ii) the financing for the acquisition by means of senior and junior loan notes issuance agreements.
- Law and Business Administration degree from Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE – E3).
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association (Colegio de abogados de Madrid).