About Jill Gatehouse
Jill is a partner in our tax practice. She is experienced in working on high-profile international corporate transactions.
Jill has a great deal of experience advising on a wide variety of transactions and other tax related matters. The matters Jill works on are often highly complex and she advises a range of different types of client (including multi-national listed and unlisted groups, private equity and real estate investors) across a number of sectors and industries. Jill was 6th in Mergerlinks Top Female M&A Lawyers EMEA for the year to June 2019.
Her work includes public and private M&A, equity and debt issuances, returns of capital, demergers, real estate investment and refinancings. She structures transactions to achieve the best possible outcome for clients, often where there are many competing considerations.
Jill has particular experience of transactions with substantive regulatory considerations. Jill regularly works with international teams to address jurisdiction-specific issues, including in emerging markets.
- Advising Tesco plc on its agreement to sell its businesses in Thailand and Malaysia for an enterprise value of $10.6bn and related return of value to shareholders
- Advising the London Stock Exchange Group on its proposed acquisition of Refinitiv
- Advising CVC Capital Partners in relation to the investment by CVC Funds into Premiership Rugby
- Advising CVC Capital Partners in relation to the disposal by CVC Funds of its majority stake in SkyBet to STARS Group
- Advising Pandox AB on its acquisitions of the Midland Hotel, Manchester and Jury's Inn hotels
- Advising Enterprise Rent a Car on its acquisition of S.H.B Hire
- Advising JAB Holdings on its acquisition of Pret-a-Manger
- Advising NETS A/S on its combination with the Concardis Payments Group
- Advising John Laing on its rights issue
- Advising Euromoney Plc on its disposal of its Global Markets Intelligence Division
- Advising Phoenix Group, the closed-book life assurance consolidator, on the £375m acquisition of AXA Wealth’s pensions and protection businesses.