About Liviu Giuran
Liviu is an associate in our Global Transactions team based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
He advises private equity and corporate clients on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, corporate governance and general corporate law matters.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Liviu trained and worked at a leading firm in London.
- Advising a sovereign wealth fund in respect of its equity investment into a U.K. insurance provider.
- * Advising on the disposal of Vivacom Bulgaria to United Group for $1.3 billion.
- * Advising InfraRed Capital Partners on the acquisition of certain toll road assets in the U.K.
- * Advising EDF Renewables UK, a subsidiary of the French utility company Electricite de France, on its strategic partnership with Vantage RE Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malaysian utility Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) which owns, operates and manages TNB's portfolio of renewable energy assets in Europe.
- * Advising Basalt Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of Seacor Marine's North Sea emergency response and rescue vessel business.
- * Advising BP Plc on its disposal of the Bruce, Keith & Rhum North Sea Oil & Gas fields to Serica Energy.
- * Advising Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in connection with its acquisition of a minority shareholding in OakNorth Bank Plc.
- * Advising Horizon Capital on the acquisition of two business-to-business marketing businesses.
- * Advising August Equity Partners on the acquisition of various specialist providers of care, education and therapeutic services for vulnerable children.
- * Advising Mayfair Equity Partners on the debt and equity restructuring of a distressed asset.
* Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
Trinity Hall College, Cambridge, UK
The University of Law, London, UK (diploma in legal services)